We are looking for suitable applicants to join our research teams in South Australia! If you are interested, please have a read of the position description below.
Maintenance and Fabrication Engineer
Locations: South Australia
AgXtra is a leading private agricultural research provider servicing South Australia, Victoria, and New South Wales. Established in 2003, AgXtra focuses on the evaluation of new and emerging crop production technology and the development of innovative crop inputs and management practices, in the form of applied research trials, plant breeding trials, and research project management. Over the past 18 years the business has established an enviable reputation for its focus on delivering quality outcomes in a safe working environment, and its strong and supportive workplace culture. Research is conducted in the broadacre, viticultural and horticultural industries.
As a result of continuing growth in the business, we are seeking to appoint a Maintenance and Fabrication Engineer in our South Australian team. The Maintenance and Fabrication Engineer’s primary objective is to support the National Broadacre Manager, relevant Business Unit Managers and the Managing Director in the operation of all business units. Both functional and leadership responsibilities are commensurate with this position.
The Maintenance and Fabrication Engineer is responsible for: maintaining effective relationships with a range of stakeholders; assist in ensuring all internal staff remain fully engaged; the business unit remains efficient and adequately resourced; and, utilising their technical skills, ensuring the business continues to produce outcomes of the highest standard and rigour for our clients.
As directed by the National Broadacre Manager, your responsibilities will include:
- Provide technical and behavioural leadership for AgXtra staff.
- Assist the National Broadacre Manager and relevant Business Unit Managers in ensuring the team is technically competent.
- Assist the National Broadacre Manager in coordinating and undertaking all aspects of applied research programs, including trial establishment and maintenance, to ensure programs are delivered to the highest quality.
- Manage and undertake the maintenance of all plant and equipment associated with the establishment, agronomic management and harvest of our applied research trials.
- Operate plant and equipment during peak season times on a needs basis.
- Participate in the training of staff on safe and responsible operation of plant and machinery.
- Participate in the review of machinery performance and modification.
- Manage and undertake the modification and fabrication of machinery.
- Take responsibility for the establishment and maintenance of the AgXtra Machinery Workshop area.
- An understanding of field crop agronomy and crop production systems.
- Qualifications and/or demonstrated experience and competence in the maintenance and modification of machinery
- Planning and organising ability
- Demonstrated good communication skills and desire to contribute to the success of the team
- A current Drivers license
Closing Date for applications is 5pm Wednesday 6th October 2021.