We are looking for suitable applicants to join our Broadacre team in a range of locations across SA, Vic and NSW! If you are interested, please have a read of the position description below.
Field Operations Officer
Locations: Adelaide, Jamestown, Horsham and Wagga Wagga
AgXtra is a leading private agricultural research provider servicing South Australia, Victoria, and New South Wales. Established in 2003, AgXtra focuses on the evaluation of new and emerging crop production technology and the development of innovative crop inputs and management practices, in the form of applied research trials, plant breeding trials, and research project management. Over the past 18 years the business has established an enviable reputation for its focus on delivering quality outcomes in a safe working environment, and its strong and supportive workplace culture. Research is conducted in the broadacre, viticultural and horticultural industries.
As a result of continuing growth in the business, we are seeking to appoint a Field Operations Officer in each of four office locations in SE Australia. The Field Operations Officer is a functional role within our existing research team, and is one which will assist in the efficient planning, conduct and reporting of our plant breeding and broadacre field trials
The Field Operations Officer will have an influential role in achieving quality standards and operational benchmarks for the work assigned, as well as for the maintenance of a range of business customer relationships within their scope. The Field Operations Officer may also be required to supervise and, where appropriate, provide leadership to members of our technical team and casual staff.
As directed by the Broadacre Manager and/or the Managing Director, your responsibilities will include:
- Assist in the planning and conduct of plant breeding and broadacre activities in key regions throughout South Eastern Australia.
- Assist in the delivery of high quality data and reports for the research, selection and promotional needs of clients.
- Monitor and maintain field trials, and the collection and analysis of trial data.
- Maintain field maintenance records, field equipment and other company resources.
- Contribute to ongoing compliance with relevant legislation and company standards.
- Establish and maintain working relationships with clients, agricultural industry representatives and organisations, other researchers, growers and the AgXtra team.
- Contribute to the ongoing development of AgXtra’s operating systems and procedures.
- Undertake ongoing career development training to continually enhance skills and competencies.
- A genuine interest in the evolution of Australian agriculture, with a desire to build a career in a pro-active and motivated research team.
- Experience in practical aspects of crop production, with an understanding of field crop agronomy and broadacre crop production systems.
- Demonstrated experience in the use and maintenance of farm machinery and equipment.
- A demonstrated high level of attention to detail.
- A level of competency in computer use, data management and record keeping.
- Demonstrated good communication and time management skills.
- A current Drivers License. A HR truck licence, or willingness to obtain such, is also essential.
Closing Date for applications is the 5th February 2021.