At AgXtra, we believe young people are critical to the future of the industry.
Employment opportunities for Undergraduates
AgXtra runs a program designed to provide tertiary students studying Agricultural Science with exposure to the industry and an opportunity to undertake applied work in-the-field. Since 2010, the business has provided students with regular opportunities to participate in field activities, such as data collection, trial seeding and harvest, fruit picking and soil/tissue sample collection. Conducted in a team environment and under the supervision of experienced staff, our participants have enjoyed the opportuntiy to learn aspects of applied field research and agronomy. The opportunity can lead to ongoing, full time employment following graduation, with almost half of our current full time staff being identified through this work experience model.
Research Officer Development Program
In 2016 AgXtra introduced its Career Development Program with the aim of providing a clear pathway for graduates joining our team. In 2021, our objective remains the same; harness the passion and drive of graduates, and enhance this with field experience, mentoring from senior staff and skill development through an identified series of training modules.
- The foundation to a career in applied field research
- Permanent employment within the AgXtra network
- Focus industries include broadacre cropping, horticulture and viticulture
- Placements available across South Australia, Victoria and New South Wales
- Structured training plan and career progression pathway
- Develop diverse knowledge in plant, disease and insect management
- Opportunity to create a diverse industry network
- Work in unison with growers, agronomists and leading R&D entities
- Gain research and agronomy experience in a single role
For further information, including testimonials from present and past staff, please follow the link below:
How to apply: For further information, or to submit an application including a covering letter
and copy of your resume, please email email@example.com or visit our website agxtra.com.au.
Closing Date for applications is 5pm Thursday 30th September 2021.